Saturday 4 April 2015

Bunny, happy mail day and new socks!

I've made another bonbon bunny, and my last for a while...I bloomin' well hope...This one is for my mum, I really like the contrasting yellow and purple (hope she does too) :) it has 9mm purple safety eyes too. The brownie leader I don't know and the second christening gift will have to wait, knitting so tight has made the tip of my index finger sore and the skin begin to peel. Leave it a week or so before I try another.
Happy mail day indeed, two in one as a matter of fact :) My fondant fibre order of yarn, rolags and a project bag.
Yarn:
top left: merino/cashmere/nylon high twist, 365/100g in the 'tea with Miss Havisham' colourway
bottom left: merino/cashmere/nylon high twist, 365/100g in the 'Gaia' colourway
middle: merino/nylon/stellina, 400m/100g in the 'dook dook dook' colourway
top right: merino/nylon high twist, 365m/100g in the 'deep and meaningful' colourway
bottom right: merino/nylon high twist, 365m/100gin the 'dook dook dook' colourway
All of them are gorgeous and soft, I love the colours, hoping Gaia will be something for my mum at some point :)
I've been eyeing up these rolags for a while now, BFL/silk in the owlets colourway (120g), and they are finally mine, I'd have ordered two sets but I couldn't on my phone so it saved me a little lol My spinning probably won't do them justice anyways...
A small sock sack (drawstring project bag) on sale, so a bargain at £5
And the second part of my happy mail day is the sw fibre club shipment #3 arrived with my order. Lovely china blue sw British blended wool/sw merino/tencel (120g) with stitch marker, tea a treat :)
I'm hoping to maybe join in a mystery Buffy sock KAL (this worries me as my gauge is a little off sometimes) but as I'll be having a lot of work done in my house I won't be knitting as much as normal, as this weeks clue is just the cuff I've cast on another pair of socks for my mum. I'm using the cuff of the bird's dead, Dru socks with the vanilla latte sock pattern, with opal play sock yarn, I think my mum will really like these colours :) These will be my first vanilla latte socks :)
I've done some more work on my trillian but still a ways to go, the yarn is striping and pooling, it's odd but I like it :)
Hope you all have a fun filled long weekend :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment