Saturday 4 April 2015

Sock Progress!

I cast these on today and they seem to have gone rather fast, leg done and ready to start the heel...but not tonight lol doing a heel that I'm good at doing wrong during the day will undoubtedly go wrong at 23:53 lol
These are the vanilla latte socks but with the cuff of the bird's dead, Dru socks (this cuff keeps me from doing 8 rounds and giving up, just a little twist keeps me interested for the full length lol). The sock pattern is interesting enough to keep me going but not so complicated it hurts my brain and including the cuff I've managed the full 7"but I have been sat knitting for quite a few hours :)
The gusset will take me forever, that's what they do lol but the eye of partridge heel does fit very well and doesn't seem to make the sock feel tight like the fish lips kiss heel (on me at least).
Really impressed the leg went so fast, I wonder if it's coz I used 2.25mm instead of 2mm...I'll probably use 2mm for a tighter gauge for the foot to help prevent fast wearing, as these are intended for my mum who seems to constantly have the previous two pairs I've made her on or drying when I visit her lol At least she likes them :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment