Tuesday 14 April 2015

Update: been a little hectic round here

I've not been able to post due to a lack of wifi staying at my mums during some work in my house, but here's what's been happening...not including the kitchen work which is stressing me out beyond belief lol
I couldn't post a picture in March as they hadn't made it to their intended recipient but now they have I can show you I finished the two at a time toe up socks with fish lips kiss heel for my lovely friend Bekki :) I used 2mm hiya hiyas and opal sock yarn from the play collection.
While staying with my mum I helped make a curry from scratch, I'm hoping to make my own now I'm home this week...it was super tasty but my lips were on fire haha
I had my first driving lesson in a car that is intended to be mine when (if) I pass my test and can get the hang of how different it drives to my instructors car.
I got a shock from customs...I suspected what it was and was right...
My gorgeous number 2 pencil yarns (sock and worsted) from yarnenabler on etsy. It's lovely and I wish I could get more but just can't justify the import charges on a regular basis.
I finished sock one for my mum, opal sock yarn again in the play collection, on hiya hiyas 2.25mm and 2mm using the vanilla latte free pattern on ravelry. I've cast on sock two but it's going a lot slower than sock one and trying to get my son back in a routine and my house in some kind of order too. I'm so behind on my podcasts lol how I've gotten used to wifi lol
Yarn from Nicole C. Mendez arrived which was a cheer up on a day I needed it :) top is rainbow (4 ply) bottom is red and lime #24 (6 ply).
My second countess ablaze sock club shipment arrived and I love the colours again, on her BFL/nylon base so should make for durable socks too :)
Hope you've all been well.
Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. I love my socks they are so comfortable :) thank you so much!

    Curry from scratch ey? I love cooking from scratch I like that I know exactly what is in my food and I can make it tase exactly how I want it.

    Also I love the colour of the countless ablaze, can't wait to see what you make with it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd like those rich greens :)
      I tried making curry completely by myself today but not as much kick to it as when did it with mum, I'll post a pic on next blog :) x

      Delete