Friday 17 April 2015

geeky goodness box!

So I've been needing a new DVD player, mine was making strange and disturbing noises when playing, so after a friend suggested a PS3 I considered it and decided it was a good idea. I can now watch DVDs, netflix (the new Daredevil is rather good, just saying lol), and youtube (knitting podcasts of course lol and I've a lot to catch up on still lol) on my TV, as well as play games and if I want to listen to music n things too...
I got to choose 3 games to go with it, so I had to get little big planet included as sackboy is just too cute lol hello sackgirl in her dracula dress :)
My gradient sock blanks from countess ablaze arrived and are super gorgeous, my mum likes both so thinking of things I might be able to make her too :)
My kitchen has new units (but is still awaiting decoration...don't ask!) so I attempted to make a curry from scratch by myself, no mum help. It was ok but didn't have that "my lips are on fire" singsong kick my mums does lol
My mum asked for a big rainbow bonbon so I got this acrylic from my LYS, you may recognise it from my previous acht the octopuses :)
I got these (red DK, gray aran and brown chunky) softspun acrylics to attempt an eleventh hour shawl with cheaper yarn before jumping in with malabrigo or something to see how I feel about multiple yarn weights in the same project and lots of short rows if I understand the designers style at all :)
I got these three acrylics for the champagne punch shawl for my sister, neutral with a bit of punch (to be safe, as she doesn't tend to wear lots of bright colours) and I figured this makes it work friendly. I chose acrylic as with 3 kids, 2 step kids, 2 big dogs and a job in school; machine washable was a must for a hectic lifestyle where hand washing is unlikely to happen.
My not so mystery geek box arrived, I love game of thrones, though honestly I'd have preferred Khal Drogo or the Khaleesi (Daenerys Targaryen) as my first pop, though it'll likely be my only pop as I've enough stuff in my house that I don't have room for lol
I got another geek box too but as it's mostly gifts I don't want to show it on here :)
I've been knitting on sock 2 for my mum and am just over half way through the gusset decreases.
Hope you're all doing well...
Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment