Tuesday 16 July 2013

Wellie socks

I've been making some super basic wellie socks for my little one, ready to go camping without losing his wellies lol
I started with a vibrant orange, no way they'll be lost in the grass :) and also made him lime green and red with a lime green stripe.

He loves wearing them about the housing and running in Nanny's back yard in them, even when only one was made (as made using DPNs so knit one at a time) he would pick it up and put it to his foot for me to put it on. I'm so happy he likes wearing the things I made him :)
These were inspired by a basic pattern form a book, but they were knitted straight until the feet and I have amended the pattern a bit so they are in the round for all but the heel. It is constructed as a short row heel rather than a standard heel flap but as they are rather thick and for wellies the wear shouldn't be too bad.
Knitting using 4mm DPNs and double DK yarn. Pattern can be found on ravelry for anybody who wants to try them. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/basic-wellie-socks-age-3-4-years

No comments:

Post a Comment