Saturday 10 August 2013

Foxy 2.0

Well, for anybody whose read my previous Foxy Fail post you will know I totally ruined my sons foxy hat...so I'm remaking it in a cheaper yarn that is machine washable.
The pale yarn instead of being a pale oatmeal is now more beige coloured with a chocolate brown.
I've used DK yarn but with 5mm DPNs so the knit is slightly loose, if it's not warm enough I can always buy aran yarn or remake bigger size with 4mm needles.


I'm quite happy with it though there is a little misalignment at the back where I've changed colour, I'm not sure why this is...but I think it's safe to say colour work is not my skill lol

However, once finished he's tried it on and seems happy with it. And it should be fine after going in the wash as I've used this yarn before and is machine washable lol wish me luck lol and I'll let you know if I manage to ruin it again lol though it's more likely to be lost, my son has a tendency to throw hats out of the pram when I'm not looking lol

No comments:

Post a Comment