Tuesday 25 March 2014

Tiny Test Sock and Dolls House

So I ordered some new tiny needles for magic looping some socks with the Opal yarn I bought.
Using tiny needles and tiny numbers was not the most pleasant experience lol but didn't want to waste time and yarn making a large sock.
Pictured below is the tiny sock still on the needles just after the Fish Lips Kiss Heel.
I used 1.5mm needles with Opal yarn and used Judy's Magic Cast On for a toe up sock, I cast on 7 sts on each needle and increased to 13 sts on each needle for the toe, I then knit in stocking st a few rounds before starting the Fish Lips Kiss Heel and doing a few stocking st rounds, and lastly a few single rib rounds before doing a loose cast off.

Overall I'm happy with the tiny sock, my techniques need a little work but I managed to do them without a lot of mistakes. I dropped stitches a couple of times (think I just need to get used to the smaller scale I'm working on) but overall looks ok. Hoping to make some scaled up to full size socks soon :)
In other news I built my son a wooden doll house, I'm quite proud of myself. I tend to build bookcases and things but this is for playing with so more fun lol It only came in pink...
I'm going to keep working on my shawl for a while and hope I don't get bored of it, love the yarn but I tend to like starting something new lol
I can't remember if I mentioned I bought a new DVD called Temple Grandin, it was recommended to me from a course I'm doing about autism. It's amazing, Clare Danes plays the part very well and I love that there is such an inspirational person to talk about the problems and possibilities for autistic people.
It is World Autism Awareness Day on 2nd April and I'm hoping to decorate a tee for my son to wear to his therapy session that day :) we're also hoping to go to Blackpool as they're illuminating the Tower blue for the occasion (but need to look at times and such as he's still only little yet).
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment