Saturday 15 March 2014

Yarn!

As my previous posts say I haven't done much actual knitting lately due to a rather poorly boy, just picked up the needles to carry on with his Milo vest, not far off finishing now :)
I also received my order from Woolstack which am happy with. I now have the large set of Hiya Hiya interchangeable circular needles :) along with some gorgeous new yarn.
Opal "Little Prince and the Fountain" sock yarn - this looked stunning on screen, the colours were rich and the mostly orange colour made me think of my friend who loves it, so bought it the the intention of making her some socks (even if it takes me years to actually get them done lol), upon arrival the colour isn't as orange and has a slightly pink hue to it so not sure if she'll like it so much now :( my friend over at Joeli's Kitchen uses it for socks, which always turn out gorgeous so look forward to seeing how they turn out. Not looking forward to tiny needles though, Gonna try 2mm but have a feeling my knitting is so loose I may need to get some even smaller needles :(
Malabrigo Merino Rios Yarn Arco Iris 866 - a stunningly soft aran weight yarn with soft colours that range from greens, yellows, oranges and purples with blues too. This is what I call a "face smushing yarn" it is just so soft you wanna stroke your face with it. In my impatience I may have started winding it into a ball manually at my mums and got it all in a tangle :( so instead of being in two fairly even balls, it's in 4 rather odd sized balls...

Malabrigo Lace weight yarn Pagoda 023 and Amoroso 157 - really, super soft lace weight yarn (again face smushingly soft). I used my ball winder for these ones but I still managed to mess up the winding :( The yarn is really thin and I kept snagging the strands and kinda accidentally snapped it a little...well a lot I gave up starting new balls and just rejoined and kept on winding. Bad me!

I bought these two yarns with the intention of holding them together to make the Blackcurrant Shawl. It's really nice but not made one like this before so hope it's nice and brain numbing or relaxing to knit. 
And on that note I'm off...
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment