Wednesday 2 December 2015

Knitting and spinning update!

Knitting news!
I finished the honey cowl, sadly it's a little snugger than I like so will see how I feel if it stays with me or not. I used felt fusion merino aran in her rainbows and clouds colourway. It'll be a shame if I don't keep it as it is absolutely beautiful, I love the spiraling rainbow :)
I knit a buni facecloth pattern by tikki knits, a filler project waiting to cast on my christmas socks for 1st Dec :) facecloths can always be handy though :)
I had to rip out and re knit 32 rounds but I finished my first opal mini from the opal advent calendar, it continued into today as I was just too tired n fed up form the ripping out to carry on.
I also started the second mini and I love the transition form colour 1 to 2, it's blended really well but it was a total lucky accident :) Doubt I'll finish this one today too as getting achey wrists and elbows so need a little knitting break, might manage a few rounds before bed but won't get through the full mini tonight.
I've also started a new square for the ten stitch blanket for my son ,this one starts with pink and will then be green, yellow and green again :)
I think I'm frogging the helical as it's too fitted, mum was sure she wanted a slouchy hat to go over her hair clips...ahh well, I should have just ripped it out when I first had doubts...but no that would have been the smart thing to do lol
Spinning news!
I started some spinning, this is white faced woodland from fondant fibres rare breeds collection. It seems to be spinning a bit thick overall with a few thin bits, see how it plies. 
I've still not picked up my spindle to finish the merino from my magic swap partner but I will eventually :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment