Saturday 28 November 2015

Update: it's a long one lol

Knitting news!
I finished my Slytherin socks out of the yarn tree sparkle base, I made this pair with a deeper heel flap so look forward to wearing them n seeing how I like the fit. 
I decided the ten stitch blanket I'm making for my son will be made up of 20" squares (alternating the yellow and pink rounds). So here is a finished square 1 :) the sides to pick up were just getting too long for me lol I'd have given up if they got much bigger lol
I finally cast the gooseberry pie 2.0 jumper, it only needed 4 rounds of ribbing and a bind off lol but it's done and just needs a wash :) I love the colour (cascade eco + in the shire colourway).
I cast on a handbrake cowl with felt fusion rainbows and clouds merino aran, but didn't like how the purl bumps got lost so I ripped it out...
And cast on a honey cowl in the same yarn...loving it, the rainbow is spiraling around the cowl and it's gonna look epic when it's finished :)
Spinning news!
I plied the Shetland on my wheel and got 131m of a 2ply from 95g and it's been washed and is now drying.
Goodies!
My geeky order from the yarn tree arrived and it's gorgeous :) you all have permission to be jealous :)
Top: bow ties are cool on her MCN sock base (far too soft for socks lol)
Middle: don't blink on her sparkle sock base
Bottom: Batman vs Joker on her sparkle base
SPOILER ALERT!
I've made up a kit to start on 1st Dec, these opal minis will make socks that I hope I'll love lol they're in a festive bag from fondant fibre :)
SECOND SPOILER WARNING!
I can't decide how I'd like my socks to be (left) sort of matching but not; will this bug me and if so how much? Or would I like (right) opposite ish socks.
These six minis shown are from the opal advent calendar, too big to store so I opened them all and put the full 24 minis in a big project bag. I was going to pick one random mini each day but I'm not sure I could cope with completely unmatched and odd socks so decided to pick a few and group them together.
And on that note I think I'm up to date lol hope you're all feeling festive, if I'm honest I'm not a huge christmas fan, too commercial, and I celebrate Yule with my son, we do xmas for my family really. Strangely I do enjoy christmas films though, well some of them lol
Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment