Tuesday 21 June 2016

FO parade :)

Knitting news!
I finished crocheting together the 6 square ten stitch blanket :) it's big and squishy :) I used 2967.8m in cascade 220 quatro, and it's awesome. I've cast on a smaller single rectangular one to test it in the washing machine before this beauty goes near it lol
I cast off some vanilla socks in fondant fibre high twist, colourway is called deep and meanigful.
I finished my hitchhiker shawl in the yarn tree merino/bamboo, colourway is Hogwarts Express to Ravenclaw.
I finished a combination of the sockmatician's toe ups and the strawberries and cream frappe socks, these are too small and (all being well fit wise) will go to my niece. Yarn was jarwoll magic and I have to say I didn't enjoy knitting it for socks, far too splitty and it kept wanting to twist up on itself.
I cast on the extracontrary cockelshell socks in fonadant fibre Polwarth (with WYS penny royal heel), colourway is tea with Miss Havisham.
I cast on a new shawl, like a leaf on the wind (I've wanted to knit this since last Yarndale), in Norah George high twist, colourway is whomping willow, and is the perfect colour for this pattern in my opinion. Sadly I had some gauge issues and think it may turn out a tad smaller than planned lol but I shall see soon enough I suppose lol my first project with picots.
SPINNING!
So happy to say I have some spinning lol at long last I had a semi successful attempt at using my beautiful akerworks bobbins lol my aim is to spin approx 25g a day till the end of the week, then ply next week. It's still very thick and thin, over and under spun, it broke a lot too...but it sorta looks like yarn so I'm taking it as a win lol
No new goodies this week other than charms, though I believe some may be on the way or if not it will be soon lol
Stash dash current total is at 4604.2m and I'm aiming for 7k 
Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment