Monday 6 June 2016

Update: Fos and a knitting fail or two lol

Knitting news!
I finished my modified bootstrap socks in WYS penny royal (cuff & heel) and wood pigeon. They started out matching, not sure why they stopped matching on the foot, my gauge must have changed...
I finished some more washcloths too, the first is orange and is a sandcastle design on 3.75mm needles.
A lilac seahorse washcloth on 3.75mm needles.
A blue fish on 3mm needles.
I cast off square 6 of the ten stitch blanket for my son. I've started crocheting them together but I'm not finished yet.
I would this jawoll magic (I won from cc almon of the geeky girls knit podcast), sadly there's only 86g left...
14g was lost to unsolvable yarn barf...
I'd like to knit the strawberries and cream frappe socks by CC Almon with it, but with a plain foot instead of textured. These are toe up so a tad nervous, I'm going to use the sockmaticians toe ups recipe to get a heel flap and gusset worked from the toe up.
Cast on...I can easily tell I'm not a toe up fan as they're taking a while, and I'm now further along (about an inch from the gusset increases) and worried I need to go up a needle size and will likely rip them out :( they're currently on 2mm needles and I think I need 2.25mm. (These have now been frogged!)
I cast on some cuff down socks to tide me over as a small project I can take out and about, I originally cast on 64sts on 2.25mm needles doing a 2x2 rib, but it was way too big so I frogged and cast on 60sts with a 1x1 twisted rib and it seems a much better fit for this yarn. I've just cast on sock 2 :)
I made myself some clasp makers out of shell discs and one with a shell charm on.
Goodies!
My sci-fi box arrived from the yarn tree...and it is cool :) it contained:
100g It's a small off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden sw merino/nylon/stellina sock yarn
100g X-files...beyond thunderdome sw merino/nylon
an alien keyring
alien stitch markers
Star wars balloon
Robot stationary
it was really nice and I love it as always :)

My London House Yarns pre-order also arrived and is lovely, I look forward to knitting them up :) and I have more from Norah George on the way lol
Been a bit hectic over the school holidays so a bit late and unorganized getting this posted...
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment