Thursday 22 November 2018

It's a long one, time escaped me, and there's sewing :)

I'm not sure why but time just seems to have escaped me lately. So apologies for the long post but here's what I've been making over the past coupleof months.
Knitting news!
I finished these socks and posted them to my friend, but sadly they (and another pair along with a 4 ocean bracelet were lost in the mail).
I made a baby wallaby cardigan with DK yarn for my cousins baby due next month. I love the colours :)
I made the Te Ka (Moana) socks, they're very hallowe'eny :) I also made the project bag I used for them :) I'm very happy to say I'm sewing fairly regularly, very basic but hoping to improve and one day try simple garments.
I made the Jemima socks with jellybeans yarns in the pumpkin patch colourway. This was the first pattern in the Miss Potter sock club by Kay F Jones of the bakery bears.
I made a DK fingerless mitt version of the speedy selbu mittens. I made mistakes but I'm happy with how they turned out :)
I made and sent off a pair of Marie Curie socks for the flower power fund. Basic toeup sock with a fish lips kiss heel.
I made the Peter socks with jellybeans yarns in the stormy weather colourway. This was the second sock in the Miss Potter sock club by Kay F Jones.
I made another cookie jar hat, this is with manos wool clasica and will be a gift. It's a bit snug on me but I seem to be the big headed family member so I'm hoping it'll fit the recipient.
I bought a petite sock set from London house yarn in the hocus pocus colourway, I should have halved the 50g of striped yarn coz I ended up with unintentional odd socks lol hope they're still liked lol
I'm working on a flax jumper for myself with drops alaska. I've done both sleeves and am now on the body (I'm knitting it the wrong way round lol).
I've cast on more socks for Marie Curie so my festive socks might be a bit late lol
Sewing news!
The first little drawstring bag I made following a tutorial series by Kay F Jones.
I've made hallowe'en and festive drawstring bags too :) I'm not including all the pictures coz there are a few lol
I made myself a swimming bag :) I used a stretch fabric on the outside but a good, thick cotton on the inside. The outer fabric has had some issues with the stitching pulling at the fabric and looking a bit rubbish. I was worried about it coming apart so I stitched a couple mm in from the seam to reinforce it, so it now looks a bit more rubbish but is holding up better to use.
Figured out how to make a drawstring bag with straps :) using bits of fabric from a fent bag of scraps. (Lots of squares pre-cut so plenty of bags in my future lol plus my obsession with fat quarters lol)
I then upscaled it to make a bigger bag with straps. Without interfacing it's a little flimsy but I hope it'll hold up to use, I did overlock the seams so fingers crossed it won't fall apart on my friend :)
I did the sides opposites, horizontal and vertical stripes of the same 3 colours.
Embroidery news!
I stitched the floral heart pattern by ohsewbootiful.
I made a cord to hang it.
I stitched the home sweet home pattern, also by ohsewbootiful.
And made another cord.
Picture to show cord weaving in progress.
Goodies!
My big pile of fabric from fent bags :) also bought some fat quarters in fun fabrics :)
My gifts off Natalie, we did a festive meet up with lots of goodies, it was so nice :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment