Tuesday 1 September 2015

Test knit - gooseberry pie

I finished the gooseberry pie jumper, designed by Joeli's Kitchen. I tested the 23" size in cascade eco + yarn in the pumpkin spice colourway, on 5mm needles. I did add 1" to the body and 1/2" to the sleeves as my boy is thin and long lol but other than that I did as the pattern suggested. I tweaked the decreases at the neck (by 1 stitch) to make the ribbing line up (it doesn't for all sizes) but spoke to the designer about it first. I used the stretchy yo bind off as even going up needle sizes it was too tight to get over my sons head lol
I'm really happy with this, so much so I've ordered more yarn in other colours lol will ask if she wants me to test the next size up or I could make her bramble fern jumper lol After I got to the neck she suggested she may be adding in some short rows on the back so if I make another I'll ask if she wants me to test it out with those as it is a little high at the front of the neck, but think it should be ok, will only see that with wear.
Hope you all like it, I do, think it's super cute :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment