Friday 18 September 2015

Update: sorry it's a long one

Knitting news!
I finished sock 1, I only have a crappy picture so I won't post it but I can assure you that sock 2 is on the needles and going well, hope I can get the heel stitches to pick up as neatly on this one as the first :) The yarn I'm using is knit global in the navy colourway (for cuff and heels) and the plum colourway (for the leg and foot), I'm really liking them together and I'm enjoying the new addi needles (not too sharp for my fingers).
The blanket is growing but is slowing down, it's starting to get heavy to carry out if I don't know I'm going to work on it, but I did do some calculations to figure out how much yarn I should need for a fairly decent sized blanket.
Test knit yarns, I did a swatch in some patons colourworks aran, in the orion colourway. I like the colour but think it needed to go down a needle size so will save it for a different jumper.
The cascade eco + arrived in the shire colourway and I decided to cast on the second gooseberry pie test knit with it. Hard to capture the heathered colour but it's a beautiful, deep green.
The test knit is doing ok too, slower than the first time I knit it but I've now finished the body and sleeves, need to join it up in the round and start the yoke.
Spinning news!
I finished spinning the Polwarth fibre on my wheel, I got 264m from 101g of a 2ply. It's a little more pink looking than I'd hoped but think it's just how the colours lined up. The fibre was from Owl About Yarn and is in the amethyst colourway.
I prepped some super soft BFL fibre from Fondant Fibre to start on my wheel.
I started spinning the BFL and it was so soft it wanted to spin super fine, but it kept breaking so now I'm spinning it a bit thicker.
I'm still working on the Prudence rolags from Fondant Fibre, I've two left to spin then the singles will be finished and ready to ply.
New news!
I bought the final yarns for the ten stitch blanket, think there may be a couple different dye lots but should be ok as it isn't a garment.
I got some random fuzzlings and random rolags from Fondant Fibre to play with on both my wheel and spindle.
My second Penguin Soup Guardians club shipment arrived, the colours are beautiful and the stitch markers are coloured to represent different characters. 
I saw this and it made me chuckle, coz it's kinda true lol 
Also, I made chocolate nests and attempted to make rocky roads for the first time. I assure you (and everyone who tried one agreed) they tasted nicer than they looked lol I think I added the mini marshmallows when it was too hot coz some melted, but still tasted yummy :)
I feel like this sometimes...
Sorry it's such a long one but think that's pretty much everything for this week :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment