Tuesday 1 September 2015

Update and collections lol

I have a few (shark) egg cases from last year, and my friend collected me a couple more while he was on holiday. We only have a couple of shark eggs and quite a few ray eggs wash up on the shores of Britain, the shark eggs I have are small spotted catshark/lesser spotted dogfish,pictured is one from my friends holiday and is from a blonde ray, this type is very smooth. I'm building up a mini collection lol well 4 is hardly a collection but I'll keep my eyes peeled on the beach for more to bring home :) Fingers crossed one day I'll have an awesome mermaids purses collection to show off :)
This is true, on bad days my stunning collection of yarn and fibre can help cheer me up lol 
Speaking of stunning yarn, this is sw merino/nylon/stellina sock yarn in the Chocolate Frogs And Jelly Slugs colourway from the yarn tree, this was in my Harry Potter box and I love it, the colours are so rich I needed to knit it...so I'm holding it double to make myself a helical hat (by woolly wormhead).
I finally finished spinning the dreaded Jacob fibre lol it looks really nice but it shed far too much for me, and is actually a little itchy to handle, at least for me (I have stupidly sensitive skin though). I spun the singles and got it plied in time for the #ggksummertime KAL too, any left over singles have been binned coz I couldn't face handling any more and didn't want to ply it with other left overs. I got 119m from 85g of a 2ply which I'm rather happy with, or my math sucks and I've totally calculated it wrong lol It's had a soak today and is drying, I'm thinking even if it softens up a lot it'll be gifted as I didn't enjoy it and someone else may appreciate it more than me :)
Still deciding on my next wheel spin as I've so much to choose from lol (stitched together is having a spin along this month for 100g, should be able to manage that, especially once little man starts school).
My spindle still has the prudence rolags on, got 1/4 more to spin then it's plying time :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment