Tuesday 18 October 2016

Lots of finished projects!

Knitting news!
I finished the wasabi whale, knit using babylonglegs aran, this will be a Christmas present for my son :) his head's a bit bumpy lol but overall I'm happy with it.
I knit belfry the bat using felt fusion BFL aran and purple safety eyes...this is sooo cute :) my son isn't impressed though n says "night, night bat" lol
I also knit boo-yah using laxtons aran and the felt fusion for his mouth. This is also very cute :) but my son isn't bothered with it lol
All these toys are designed by the very talented Susan Claudino (aka noknitsherlock on instagram), her seamless construction is brilliant.
I cast on the Oldcastle hat in my handspun yarn (Countess ablaze, corriedale) but changed to stocking stitch before the crown decreases. This my son likes :)
I love my sparkly frankensocks, knit using 5 colourways from the yarn tree, who now has a ravelry group :)
I love these colourways so much, I'm a little sad to have used up some of them lol The colourways are; 
Bazinga (from the surprise sock box that had a big bang theory theme) 
The pumpkin, the witch and the graveyard (from the 2015 hallowe'en box)
Chocolate frogs and jelly slugs (from the Harry Potter box)
We're all mad here (from the Alice in wonderland box)
Slytherin (bought from her etsy store) 
I've cast on the right reunion cushion, hopefully for my uncle for xmas but I'm struggling a little with the charts, cable charts are not really one of my skills lol but I'm trying :)
Spinning news!
I started spinning some BFL humbug from yarndale 2014 (skybluepink-designs), I have 200g so I'll do 100g each as singles and ply them together, this is the first bobbin.
The second bobbin of BFL humbug singles started. I'm enjoying spinning this, it's still inconsistent but overall it seems thinner than some of my previous handspun attempts lol
Goodies!
I took part in a socks and shawls (or other neck related knits) in the owl about yarn ravelry group, and although I didn't win she sent me a sweet little prize of worldy stitch markers and a mini skein :)
Some lovely friends got me these gorjuss goodies a wile ago and I've only just seen them, so sweet and I love them :) one may become a notions pouch :)
I also received a beautiful skein of Norah George yarn, gifted by the super generous Natalie (of the knatters knits podcast) in the big brown bear colourway, that I'd been liking a lot :) it's really hard to capture the colour with my camera but it's so lovely :) I'm making Hermione's everyday socks.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment