Sunday 23 October 2016

Update: some card making :)

Knitting news!
Struggling a little with the reunion cushion but just doing 2 or 3 rounds at a time, had some trouble with miss twisting the cables and one round is out of line due to a little mistake with a borrowed stitch lol but I'm hoping it'll be finished in time :) the charts are still small but I've drawn lines in green every 10sts and it is helping a bit :)
The garter stitch version of the captured colours shawl is still on the needles but seem to have lost motivation sadly. It's beautiful but not sure if I'm keeping it or gifting it and had a little trouble with the cast off last time, just need to find time to pick up something with long rows again and get a move on.
My socks are growing, I'm on the gusset decreases of the second sock and loving them, the colour (big brown bear from Norah George yarns) is knitting up different to how I anticipated but it's beautiful :) 
Spinning news!
Fondant Fibre, the jazz club 2014, the maiden voyage colourway (the first shipment), this was 70% organic merino/15% bamboo/15% tussah silk, I spun 2 singles and plied them together to get, 196m from 100g
BFL humbug from (skybluepink-designs) Yarndale 2014, again a 2ply, I got 349m from 200g. One skein is 98g (170m) and one is 102g (179m) , so close to matching lol
Goodies!
Loads arrived all at once but some ordered a while ago lol
I got another skein of the autumn rainbow colourway, it's on a different base so they'll need to be used separately but still a stunning colourway :)
A while ago I saw this on the yarn tree facebook page and I loved it, the colours as well as the theme :) the skein is 75% sw merino/25% nylon 400m/100g, the bag is lined and zippered with a handle and a good size for socks/shawls or toys :)
My surprise sock box arrived, this one had the theme of the walking dead and included a sock size, zippered project bag, a stunning skein of sock yarn in the dibs is dibs colourway (I love this so much) on the 75% sw merino/25% nylon base and it came with some love heart sweets and a themed keyring :)
Other crafty news!
I had a play at stamping and using embossing powders at craft group last week. It was a lot of fun and I particularly loved the snowflake stamps and the glittery (I think it was called stardust) powder, and every time I used the heat tool and watched it activate it was awesome :)
I got a little inky but I didn't mind lol it was fun and different to my usual crafts.
I enjoyed it so much I actually went and bought a few stamps to have a play at home, minus the embossing powders lol I specifically wanted a stamp like my friends that says "winter wishes" and I had to buy a magazine to get one lol but I did lol so that is the inside message of my Yule time cards :) It felt kind of serendipitous as it was only available in the magazine and it was the last one in stock, I'd even looked online but couldn't find one so felt good to get it :) and it came as a set with the snow globe ones too :)
In other news...this week I tried my first pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks, and it was delicious :) and sent me a bit hyper lol I'm a little gutted they only offer them during October and I have to travel 5 miles or more to get one lol
Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment