Saturday 31 December 2016

The end of 2016

Knitting news!
I finished my nieces patchwork Weasley socks, I have to say, I didn't love these, but I hope she does :) and fingers crossed they'll fit lol
The pattern didn't turn out how I'd hoped so I just did 1 repeat and then switched to stocking stitch.
I made my mum a tree decoration :) I used the snowball buddies pattern by Susan Claudino.
I finished my 12th pair of socks for myself :) I used felt fusion sw merino/nylon in the geeks aurora colourway :)
I cast on my Dobby's odd socks number 2, I knit them consecutively till after the heels then put them on 1 cord. I love these colours :)
Spinning news!
There is non :( soon, I hope :)
Goodies!
My awesome best friend made me some Jack Skellington baubles...
And bells :) how freaking cool are these :)
The lovely Mel bought me a personalised necklace with autism awareness charm for my 30th :)
I won a Christmas necklace from bakewell hearts and she included some minis too, very generous, and pretty, also the first dye candy yarns I can try :)
My surprise Christmas box off my mum, put together by Mel of the yarn tree. It's awesome, I love the yarn and such cute extras :)
I opened my Norah George advent calendar every day and it was so much fun.
Days 1-12
 Days 13-24
On day 25 the 100g skein was this beauty. The minis I'm going to arrange by base and hopefully make more frankensocks :)
I ordered some luxury yarn from countess ablaze, alpaca/silk/cashmere 4ply, it's ridiculously soft, definitely to be worn on the neck :) I also got more of the stardust corriedale, as my son loves his handspun hat in it :)
Hope you've all had a good 2016, and happy crafting for 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment