Monday 16 May 2016

Update (inc the cat in the hat socks)

Knitting news!
I finished the cat in the hat socks, yarn is SW merino/nylon by the yarn tree and I love these, I modified the bootstrap pattern on 2mm needles and these were sent to Bekki, they've arrived so I'm not spoiling anything lol both my mum and I really liked this colourway too so there may be another pair in the future :) I made a couple of washcloths for her boyfriend too (Gemini and a maple leaf) but the phone issues (see in other news at the bottom) mean I can't upload the pics (though they can been seen on my rav projects page).
I cast off square 5 (of 6) for my sons ten stitch blanket, it's getting exciting as it's close to completion, it's been a major long term project, I think I started it it just after is last birthday in September lol and fingers crossed it will be finished in time for his next one :) especially if I want all the yardage to count towards stash dash - chatter thread lol (yarn is cascade 220 quatro).
Haha I checked and I did cast on in September but before his birthday last year :)
I've cast on my wowzer socks (also SW merino/nylon from the yarn tree), again the modified bootstrap socks pattern. I love these colours and this was actually one of the yarns from my first order with her :) needless to say I keep going back as I love her colour choices and her themed boxes are so much fun to receive filled with yarn and goodies too :)
Square 6 has been cast on and is slowly growing :) I've started using a cute dalek DPN case from the yarn tree to make sure I don't accidentally pull the stitches off the short needles in the bag (been a close call a few times). Hard to believe I've just 1 round of green, 2 yellow and 1 more green then it'll be time to crochet the 6 squares together :)
Don't even mention the lack of spinning!
Goodies!
I shouldn't admit how much I've ordered this month...needless to say I'm unlikely to accomplish my goal of knitting more than I buy this month lol I have gone seriously nuts with multiple dyers and even made a pre-order for next month, my first order in fact from London house yarns, I couldn't resist some Harry Potter themed yarns :)
In other news!
I've had some tech problems this week, my s6 died and I lost everything, most frustratingly my entire contact list. But after a few days (thankfully I had insurance coz I couldn't have gone a month with warranty repair) I'm set with a new one.
It was eye opening just how much I depend on my phone, not just for calls & texts but Facebook, WhatsApp, instagram & YouTube as well as ravelry, have become a large part of my everyday life. Funny how you can rely so much on technology and yet not be very good with it lol
And on that note...
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment