Friday 20 May 2016

Update: who's ready for stash dash..?

Knitting news!
I finished my wowzer socks in the yarn tree sw merino/nylon, I knit my modified version of the bootstrap socks. I love how the colours look together and can't believe it was one of my first skeins from her lol
I cast on some more modified bootsrap socks in West Yorkshire Spinners penny royal and wood pigeon colourways. The last WYS socks I knit were a tad tight so I did a looser cast on and now these are a tad loose on the cuff lol typical but I'll hopefully get better with this yarn.
I've started the yellow on the last blanket square for my son :)
Spinning...no news!
Goodies!
My order from fondant fibre arrived, including this steampunk kit, I love this fabric and the massive zipper pull on the project bag :) the yarn is on her Polwarth base.
I made myself a new progress keeper with a new style clasp, this one seems to be a little thinner than the traditional lobster clasp I've used previously, and has a larger opening too, so will hopefully not snag the fabric at all (the smaller ones do sometimes snag the stitches when putting it on or off).
I've pre-ordered some Gryffindor yarn from Norah George, I'd have preferred Ravenclaw (my house according to Pottermore) or Slytherin (loved the colours but missed the sign up) but I think I'll still like it lots lol
Upcoming!
Stash dash will be starting in just a week now lol I'll need to accurately calculate yardage of course but I think my blanket will be over 4000m on it's own, so if I do finish it, as planned, I may actually be able to aim for 7k this year. I did over 5k last year but I was spinning too which added yardage and I doubt I'll be getting much spinning done this year now until after the summer sadly. A lot of people put projects on hold until the start of stash dash to help with yardage but I've never done that before, just used actual works in progress and any new cast on's. I'll be doing that again this year too but the blanket is a massive project with rather large yardage, my largest project to date in fact :) I've still got my hitchhiker on the needles too and my socks of course but everything else I think is finished (so won't count) or are unlikely to ever be finished lol Good luck to all who are taking part :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment