Saturday 30 July 2016

It's a long one...

Knitting news!
I finished the close to you scarf/shawl, and I love how it turned out :) even more so after it's wash, the drape is wonderful. Yarn is merino/nylon sock from the yarn tree in the Goofy colourway.
I also finished the espresso macchiato socks in Nicole C Mendez self striping yarn with WYS poppy seed heel.
I also made a last minute school bus washcloth for my sons transport driver.
I cast on the reyna shawl in the yarn tree merino/nylon sock in the life's a beach colourway (from her recent surprise sock box) and though not my typical colours, I love it :)
I've added the second colour to the super chunky ten stitch blanket...
Spinning news!
I spun some beautiful SW BFL from owl about yarn, I got 97.5m from 80g of a 2ply, it didn't quite turn out how I'd planned but I still think it looks really good.
I also got 10m of an attempted navajo ply, it's super over plied but the colours look great.
I spun some of the fibre from my recent visit to countess ablze, this is 100% corriedale in the stardust colourway and I got 102m form 102g of a 2ply.
Goodies!
My SuperWhoLock box arrived from the yarn tree, it contained:
100g sw merino/nylon sock in mad woman with a yarn box colourway
Supernatural nacklace
Sherlock book mark
Dr Who lever clasp marker
the extra skein was called hey assbutt (and I'm getting that in a mix and match box)
My surprise sock box arrived too and the yarn is seriously stunning, not my colours yet I love it and cast it on right away :) it contained:
100g sw merino/nylon sock in the life's a beach colourway
a flip flop progress keeper
beach themed project bag
My Gryffindor preorder from Norah George arrived, it contained:
100g self striping sock yarn in the Gryffindor colourway plus 50g of trim
themed clasp markers
candle melt
lion bar
and description
My first installment of the Mrs Weasley's knit club arrived, I can't wait to see all three together and decide whether to use them together or apart...
I enjoyed my visit to countess ablaze in Swinton, I went a little over budget, mainly due to a bargain bucket lol but I love all my purchases and will hopefully get a separate post up to show off my buys soon. 
Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment