Monday 4 July 2016

Update: a bit of everything :)

Knitting news!
I cast off my like a leaf on the wind shawl in Norah George HT yarn in the whomping willow colourway. I love it so much and had just 1.5g left over...I'd been waiting for the right yarn and this was definitely it :) I have to admit the picot bind off took a few hours and got kinda taxing but it was worth it :)
I'm doing a test knit. Having some gauge issues but I'm still going to carry on and see how the pattern works up. Hopefully my info can still be of help to the designer.
I've been working on the small ten stitch blanket still but have't touched the toy whale. I've got yarn wound for a hat (for a dear friend), a cowl and socks, but all are yet to be cast on.
Spinning news!
Tour de fleece has started. I've joined team akerworks and fondant fibre.
Fondant fibre Shetland/baby alpaca/tussah silk 2ply, 94g 109m in the salt peanuts colourway. This was a jazz club colourway.
There was a little left on one bobbin so I attempted to navajo ply for the first time lol it was ridiculous, way more difficult than I'd anticipated and very funny to try, I got 3m so I guess it was a little help towards stash dash lol it's very kinky and curled up, I think I need to go a lot slower when I try it again.
I started some new singles, the bag oh fun from fondant fibre, a mixed selection of nests in different fibres and colourways, both with and without sparkle. I used all the colours in each single but in different orders.
Part 1...
Part 2...
I've prepped a few other fibres ready to spin and am hoping to get 200g a week plied, if I can't get them both plied at least the second spun into singles ready to ply the week after.
Goodies!
My fat squirrel bag finally arrived. There was a bit of an issue with the first shipment, it got lost in the post and didn't show up at my house by the end of June, even though it arrived in London on May 19th. Fearing the worst, I contacted Amy and let her know my parcel hadn't arrived. She kindly offered to send out a replacement when the fabric was back in for her to make a second one. I got a card through saying I owed customers over £30 for 2 parcels and I didn't know why...both the lost and replacement bags arrived on the same date, how odd but nothing to be done about it now. I let Amy know and she kindly let me keep the second bag. She had also sweetly included a wrapped llama which is really cute and I love the colours.  
How stunning is this fabric...? I have to admit it's not something I could afford to order regularly but I just couldn't resist when I saw this one on her podcast. 
My owl about yarn order arrived, I love these colourways, I got three different bases; BFL/nylon (K9 in the TARDIS), merino (gentle elegance) and merino/nylon/stellina (stormy night).
Along with the yarn I also got fibre from owl about yarn, I think I'm going to ply the two on the right together for a variegated gradient...If I spin it right lol
My new akerworks bobbins are on the way :) 
I went to the autism show last week. It was really interesting and I got bombarded with lots of information, honestly I couldn't take it all in. I bought a few bits and got lots of leaflets and catalogues to look at new things and companies that may come in useful. 
Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment