Wednesday 20 July 2016

Update; lots of projects

Knitting news!
I decided to knit up some hand spun, this is the merino 2ply in the storm colourway, and I love how it looks caked up :)
I cast on 95sts on 5mm needles and made the handbrake cowl, I ran out of yarn with 5sts to go so had to yarn match to finish the bind off, considering it's hand spun I think I matched pretty well.
I cast on a super chunky ten stitch blanket using some left overs from toy knits, I'm using 5.5mm needles and could probably do with bigger ones but I don't have bigger in short straights.
I cast on the close to you scarf/shawl in the yarn tree merino/nylon sock yarn in the goofy colourway, it's looking really nice :)
I'm still working on the espresso macchiato socks in Nicole C. Mendez with WYS poppy seed heels, this is sock 2.
Spinning news!
209g 221m of a 2ply of the art batt (from spin city UK) and norboo in the I like warm hugs colourway (from fondant fibre).
Deep sea merino 2ply, 77g 93.5m
Undyed Romney 2ply, 100g 120m
Falkland 2ply, 105g 135m
2ply of left overs between Falkland and deep sea merino (8m)
I'm now at 7974.6m for stash dash :)
Goodies!
Nothing arrived yet but I went a little mad one bad evening with Norah George yarns and I have my the yarn tree boxes due :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment