Friday 12 September 2014

update: laalbear and socks

Sorry it's been so long between posts, my son has just started his second year of nursery but going to a school so longer days and taking some getting used to lol
I recently found out that Laalbear is giving up dyeing after her shows this year and I remembered I have a skein of hers from Yarndale last year, it wasn't in my ravelry stash so wondered if I showed it or not. It's really soft and the colours are brilliant, love the autumn feel :) If I make it there this year I'll have to get some more :)
I've been rather slowly working on my first pair of two at a time toe up socks, and I just finished the fish lips kiss heel, which I had to do one at a time coz couldn't figure out how to do it and not get all tangled with both on the needles, but I then got both socks with completed heels back on the two circs to carry on with the legs and cuffs :)
I won some buttons and a knit girllls pen and they arrived today, very exciting, but what project to do to include these wonderful handmade buttons...?
I've also still been working on the scarf in babylonglegs sock merino, though had to order a second skein as it seems to be eating though yarn.
I have, as always, got new things on they way lol some fibre, project bags and yarn on serious sale :)
I also bought some beeswax, still need primer and paint for my wheel, a little kiwi 2 when it's finally prepped and built lol looking forward to using that and my learner turk, both from ashford :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment