Friday 26 September 2014

spinning!

Started spinning my first cheviot fibre, I intentionally spun chunky but think it now may be too chunky lol oops! Was hoping for the yardage for a small pattern but really sure that isn't gonna happen as need approx 100m and only ever got that with thinner yarn...it's an outlander pattern as I'm totally in love with the show and I'm a big nerd lol but never mind I casn use bought instead of handspun...or try again later lol
Fibre is from Fondant Fibre in the Orbit colourway :) really nice but hoping I don't ruin it by spinning so fat lol Totally new to cheviot so wasn't used to how I now know to predraft merino based fibres to get an approx thickness, though I'm still a bit dodgy all round at spinning lol
Wish me luck lol
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment