Thursday 19 November 2015

Something new!

I try go a to a weekly craft group, mostly we do our own thing and it's about the company and support of others, this week we had an instructor in to try a new skill...tile painting. I have to say it was more difficult than I would have thought, especially with the marker outline to go over, I figured out half way through to rub it off and free hand the design. It's far from perfect but I'm actually pleased with my finished design :) After I finished I noticed it has unconsciously been influenced by an artist whose work I admire a lot...do any of you see who my inspiration might have been...?
(The orange marker should burn away in the kiln, guess I'll find out when I get it back lol)
To our regular stuff...
Knitting news!
I cast off a gift knit and just did the heel on sock 2 with my Slytherin yarn. Yes I'm still avoiding the helical and gooseberry pie 2.0 and yes I know I'm being foolish lol
Spinning news!
I haven't gotten any more of the Shetland spun on my wheel or done anymore merino on my spindle.
Goodies!
My Alice in Wonderland box arrived from the yarn tree, it's so nice; though I admit I am a little envious of the second skein colourway lol both were stunning but I did like it a lot :) I'm happy as always with my themed box, think just the Christmas box left for this year :)
The single skein box contained:
a skein of merino/nylon sock yarn in the Everything Would Be Nonsense colourway
a physical copy of Alice in wonderland and through the looking glass
a Cheshire cat book mark
4 yummy biscuits (2 x hearts, 1 toadstool & 1 A)
Hope all your possible seasonal crafts are going well.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment