Friday 6 November 2015

Update: FOs, WIP and news

Knitting news!
I finished my countess ablaze, vanilla latte socks, and they have been washed and worn already :) I love them, warm and comfy in my boots :)
I did the slip stitch rib heel and gusset, with a wedge toe. The colours are most accurate on the picture below but no photo seems to be 100% true to colour lol lots of subtle variation and shades.
After this pair of socks my addi cable was a bit kinky so tried soaking it in hot water to help, it hasn't done much if I'm honest. 
My second finished abject is the quoin hat by woolly wormhead for my friends son as an xmas present. A fun and unusual construction to knit, but not so nice in acrylic lol my hand spun one was definitely more pleasant to knit lol
I cast myself on a pair of hallowe'en socks, a little late but I don't care lol loving the colours, and my first pair of sparkle socks :) Yarn is from the yarn tree on etsy and came in my hallowe'en box of goodies, again I'm knitting the vanilla latte pattern. 
Spinning news!
Still not plied my awesome Shetland yet but I will get to it soon, I hope. 
Advice!
I need to learn to say no and not feel the need to justify myself! If you do too, lets try work on it :)
I've been reading some of Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (the yarn harlot) books and she is so funny, I highly recommend giving her a try :)
I've put a call out for sock test knitters (my navy socks for the #jkdesignerbootcamp) if anyone is interested message my on ravelry (lilangelsg2).
I've posted the magic swap package off and the recipient seems to like it :) I included a hand knit pouch with hand made runes inside, hand knit fingerless mitts, hand made stitch markers, some tea and sweets and Lady Cottington's pressed fairy book (pocket sized).
I'm just starting my xmas swap package which will post out in a few weeks :)
Hope you're all doing well and that the cooler weather means your hand knits are out and respite from the cold :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment