Thursday 15 September 2016

A little bit of spinning :)

Knitting news!
I finished the odd WYS signature 4ply socks, these are for friend. I used owl and wood pigeon with poppy seed heels. I think these are quite fun, they'll hopefully fit and be comfortable lol
I've cast on another captured colours shawl but I'm doing this one with garter stitch rather than stocking stitch, I'm using Norah George yarns in the Krum colourway.
I'm also knitting some hello gorgeous fingerless mitts (by Lisa Tomko) in the yarn tree life's a beach colourway to go with my reyna shawl. The lace is different but I think they'll look good together. I'm using 2.25mm needles so these are light but hopefully still warm, I've been after some 4ply mitts for a while :)
Spinning news!
I've spun some countess ablaze fibre gifted to me by Lucy, this is Shetland dream, a Shetland/Yak/milk protein blend fibre. I got 122m form 103g of a 2ply, with some singles left over.
I've started spinning some more countess ablaze fibre, also form Lucy, this is Vengeance, a merino/baby alpaca/bamboo blend.  
This fibre feels really nice and the colours in it are stunning, it wanted to spin and little thinner (though still thick and thin) than I've been getting recently so I'm hopeful for a decent yardage lol
Been very busy this past week, it was my sons birthday so we went to alton Towers to visit Cbeebies Land, he loved it. He's been watching tour videos on youtube for well over a year and he got to experience it for himself...and meet Iggle Piggle, he was well and truly thrilled :) He didn't want to come home lol
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment