Thursday 13 February 2014

Curiology event and Milo number 5

A small company called Curiology is trying to raise money for a laser beam so they can be more independent and have less problems with suppliers providing their items late and things. Below is the links to their facebook page and the money donation page with options to get items for your donation etc. Read for yourself for more information.
Curiology facebook event page: laser beam
Curiology Indigogo event page: laser beam
In my own crafting news, I needed a portable project to take to knit n natter and coffee shops etc so I cast on another Milo for my son (I mentioned it in my last post). It's coming along ok, though the thicker yarn is a totally different gauge so been trying to figure out sizing etc. Also it's turning out to be a denser fabric so it'll be extra toasty warm lol (needed in this horrible weather we've been having). Am looking forward to seeing how the colours look in the stockinette stitch rather than garter stitch section :) Hoping it fits! *fingers crossed* And love having my Dalek project bag from The Undercover Owl to store it in :)
Also, I mentioned a bit ago I borrowed a Knit Pro crochet hook (size 3.5mm, I thought it was 4mm) with a rubber grip. I have mixed feelings, some days it made crocheting easier and others I just couldn't hold it comfortably in my hand...must be me as my friend loves it :)
I haven't worked on anything else as been really tired and seem to be lacking time lately. My friends have been making awesome things though: check out Lariaths crochet vodoo monster pin cushion which is not only super cute but recycled an old unfinished project and is practical too :) and my other friend has made a crochet cat for a valentines day gift (sorry no upload yet to link or pics to upload myself, but super cute).
Happy crafting! And best wishes if you or anyone you know are in the flooded areas with crazy winds!

No comments:

Post a Comment