Sunday 2 February 2014

Totoro hat body

My friend asked me to make a Totoro hat for a gift exchange she's part of (Ghibli themed). I made her a Totoro hat as part of a pay it forward exchange so she thought of me. Hers was crocheted, but I've knit the hat for this one, with crocheted ear flaps. I put ear flaps on as a precaution as the hat is too small for me so doesn't cover ears, though I have made it to size as stated in pattern (Super Basic Hat Pattern), though I've used smaller needles I know sizing as have used this pattern quite a bit, I'd still rather be safe and have ear covering back up lol (The image below is the completed all crochet one from last January.) The ears are attached to broach backs so are removable for easier washing, and if you just want a hat with eyes and nose.
So far I have the knitted hat, but I still need to make the ears (will make them detachable again), eyes and a button nose to be attached. I started using the DK yarn with 4mm needles, I frogged that and cast on with 5mm needles holding the yarn double (for extra warmth).
So hopefully this isn't far off finished.
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment