Thursday 27 February 2014

The cream scarf + sewing bee

I finally finished the cream scarf lol it's fairly thick and warm and I finally cast it off...so happy to be finished with it, I now hate scarves for a while lol
It was 340sts long and 20 mins a row but I finally cast off, after around 6 or so inches. Have attached the washing instructions from the yarn band so he knows how to take care of it :)
The chunky Milo on 4.5mm (and 4mm for garter st) needles is taking it's time due to being tight to knit and causing aching joints. But it's looking good, kinda like a tabby cat lol
I also started watching The Great British Sewing Bee (on BBC 2) (here's a how to clip from season 1). I didn't actually see season 1 as I didn't have TV then, but I'm loving the first episodes from season 2 :) It's inspiring me to want to be good at sewing (again lol), and I'm not good at it but really wish I was. I've also been encouraging a friend of mine to apply for next years show as she's really talented and I think she'd do great :D
I ordered some tape measure print fabric and hope to make a project bag out of it :) if I can learn this basic item it will come in handy for secret santa gifts, gifts in general and for small bags for my son to carry around toys or group them together.
I've also ordered a couple of books, I'll take pics (or provide links) to show you and tell you about them when they arrive (gutted one came today and I missed the delivery, so tomorrow hopefully for that one).
Also, my new row counters arrived this week, I have 2 of these digital row counters already and also 2 traditional style row counters, but I now also have 2 of these smiley face row counters too lol think I have enough now haha
Me and a friend are hoping to make another The Undercover Owl order soon too. Just need to decide on lining colours and straps as already picked out some fabric prints we'd like as bags.
Can't think of anything else off top of my head for now...other than well excited to see my friend Lariath at the weekend :D <3
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment