Tuesday 11 February 2014

Update

I've been in a bit of a knitting lul recently...Not helped by my falling up my stairs (hurting my shoulder, elbow and wrist in the process). Although I'm still in some pain (I always am just slightly more), I would like to pick up the needles.
I'm now trying to get past my lul think I'm just bored of big projects that I struggle to carry around and take a lot of time per row/round etc.
The cream scarf is 20 mins per row and so is not really something I can carry around (plus I get bored within 2-3 rows) and the double chunky shawl on 12mm needles is rather heavy and I can only do a couple rows before I'm aching so not really a carry around project either...
I have a hibernating illusion (Dalek) knit project which hasn't been touched in probably 2 years, it takes far too much concentration and toddlers are tiring things so it's been put away until I have the time and attention to work on it.
So me being me lol I cast on a new project lol it was going to be a hat but my grandma picked up some yarn for me to make a sweater for little man, there's 300g of chunky (it's kinda between aran and chunky really) and am not 100% sure I could get a whole jumper out of it and definitely have enough...so I cast on another Milo vest/tank top (whatever you want to call it). Being a completely different gauge I was baffled so I've gone two sizes smaller on same 4mm needles and am just hoping for the best...otherwise I'll have to frog it. If it turns out the right size it should take a little less than 2 balls and so give me the choice to make a matching hat or thick socks, though maybe I need to learn two-at-a-time-toe-up socks earlier than planned in the year so I know I won't run out of yarn lol
And on that note, I'm off...
Happy crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment