Wednesday 1 October 2014

Spinning, knitting and autumn

Hello lol I'm trying to update at least once a week, I used to blog every couple days but I seem to be running round lots lately lol and my crafting is going slow...but here's what I've been on with this week so far:
I'm half way through my first cheviot fibre- 60.7g about 23.7m (26 yards), no idea what the wraps per inch are bit it's at least a chunky if not a double chunky lol I'm finding the fibre a bit scratchy but the colours are lovely (orbit colourway).
I've started knitting the yarn I bought for my mum forever ago lol it's superwash merino sock by fondant fibre, called petunia and the purples are really nice...plus it's lovely to knit with. My mum said she'd most likely wear a shawl than a cowl or hat etc...she said it had to be symmetrical (as she's not keen on asymmetrical), so I've cast on a 'just knit it' shawl which is a free pattern on ravelry and super basic...then she said she may want an edging lol typical :) I may be adding an edge but will see how it turns out.
I've started a glass fusion class and this week we were making key rings, these are all autism awareness themed lol they are just layered they will be fused in a kiln and we'll get the finished product back next week :) hoping they melt ok and I don't have wonky key rings lol
I've finally seen some autumn colours today :) the leaves looked lovely, though I got a bit wet on my walk home lol
I've been asked to make a little family of owls by my mums friend :) this is number one lol I've modified the pattern to be in the round and I'm struggling with the ear shaping and top/bottom seaming as I'm not very good at toys or seaming lol 1 down 5 to go lol (one will be bigger to be mummy) :)
I'm also still semi working on the socks...still worried about size/fit on my friend and if she'll even like the colours (I do but she's not into any pink n though it's not glaring pink there is definite pink)...working on 2mm is a struggle some days and since I got paranoid about the size I just keep putting it off, which I know I shouldn't, if she doesn't want them or they don't fit I'm sure they'll fit someone but it's just got me in avoidance mode. I will get on them though...I will!
In the mean time I'm on a special needs parenting course which I have homework to read/fill in so I best be off as not sure I've done it all and I'm there tomorrow...
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment