Tuesday 25 November 2014

Gnomes!

I've made a few different sized 'gnome is where the heart is' stuffies :)
The first was the one on the left, it's small and adorable, it's also DK on 2mm needles as for some reason the stuffing showed through 3mm needles and bugged me...so it also hurt my fingers and wrists to knit...(I used 10mm safety eyes).
The second is on the right and is chunky on 4mm needles and I managed to stab my left index finger up the nail a few times so it's now kinda sore lol basically I've not been having much luck with this pattern but it is super cute and passable as a christmas decoration, as well as a general cute ornament or childrens toy (I used 12mm safety eyes).
This was the last gnome, I used DK held double with 4mm needles and fewer stitches so smaller than the chunky gnome, I also crochet chained a loop so it's hang-able from a tree, door knob, hook etc (I used 10mm safety eyes). This one is for my secret santa package...
I think these are super cute and I'm definitely going to make more when my index finger stops being so sensitive lol
I've also cast on a second pair of spiced cocoa mitts for a friend :)
I also cast off my mums shawl, it's been soaked and is now dry and folded away for xmas :)
Other than that I've been feeling kind of unmotivated lately...I just want to knit (preferably without pain) and ignore the world, possibly while watching podcasts, or House...
Hope you're all getting your craft on in time for christmas, if you want to share any projects feel free to comment, or message me over on ravelry (my username is lilangelsg2).
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment