Tuesday 18 November 2014

Goodies!

I'm a countess ablaze virgin no more :) My first order arrived today and I am amazed by the depth of colour in all my skeins. I can't wait to get knitting, though that's the case with many of my yarns, I wish I could knit as fast as I buy yarn lol
75% BFL 25% nylon sock in break me down
This feels a little more hard wearing than the merino bases, this could be because of the slightly higher percentage of nylon, but I've also heard BFL is a more durable sock yarn than merino, I think it's a longer staple length, but I'm no fibre expert so might be worth investigating if you want more durable knit socks. 
75% merino 20% nylon 5% stellina sock in bad girls club
This colour reminds me of my punky pirate yarn from fondant fibre, though this base has sparkle and the punky pirate doesn't. It's really soft and would be mega luxurious socks, or whatever else it may get knit up into, it's very pink for me but I think I like it because it's a dark pink with black.
75% merino 20% nylon 5% stellina sock in nerds prefer their rainbows darker
Again the same base as above so super soft, I'm now wishing I'd bought two of this and maybe made myself a shawl, though one would be possible from one skein just not as big. I'm liking the darker colours of this skein and look forward to seeing how it knits up :)
I was so excited when this came as I've never ordered with countess ablaze before, delivery was fast and the items were well packed and protected.
I was tempted by a few other colourways but didn't want to go too mad till I'd felt the skeins, I can now say I am definitely tempted by the other colourways, I'd love to see ice queen knit up, wishing I'd ordered it now.
Her p+p is reasonable and even more so as it's a set price based on country not weight, so the more you order, the cheaper your skeins work out overall, an incentive to buy more...thought every yarn addict reading this lol I was a little sad to realise I missed her Dec, Jan, Feb sock club.
Anyway I'm done with rambling admiration for her yarns and happily anticipating my third and final jazz club shipment this month from fondant fibre, excited to see the club project bag and what colours she's gone for this month :)
I've started a new shawl (villemo) as part of the GAL, probably for my mum or sis but a few people I know like purple. I also won a toy pattern (sea horse) for my octopus entry in the forums :) I'm hoping to get one knit up and shared soon(ish).
Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment