Monday 10 November 2014

Laal Bear lovlies! + a single sock

The stunning colours of laal bear are going to be leaving us, due to retirement what is currently in her etsy shop is the last of her yarns...so naturally I had to buy some...as a fair well, though I only found her last year at Yarndale.
Top left: laal bear sock kit in cyan, teal and lime, with 2.5mm DPNs, stitch markers and jogless stripe sock pattern.
Top right: West Yorkshire Spinners signature 4ply sock in pheasant.
Middle left: West Yorkshire Spinners signature 4ply sock in owl.
Middle right: laal bear dunster base (sock weight - exmoor blueface/nylon) in albatross.
Bottom left: laal bear daydream base (aran weight - 100% merino) in yule.
Bottom right: laal bear daydream base (dk weight - 100% merino) in yule.
I was so in love with the yule colour (the aran is slightly richer than the dk as different dye lots) that I bought two weights, though I was tempted to buy the sock weight too lol
I've also bought some 2mm hiya hiya metal circs, hoping they don't bend like the bamboo lol though they still knit ok I worry if they snap I'll drop all my stitches lol
Mums socks are coming along well, in fact I've finished the first :)
Started the second and past the toe but not by much...They may even be finished for her birthday or xmas at this rate :)
Hope anyone crafting for the festive season is on the way :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment