Friday 7 November 2014

holiday knitting! + dr who kit

I've spent the last few nights in Scotland, a wonderful little village with a gorgeous sea view, my son adored it so that made it even better :)
I worked on my mums opal socks :) I got past the heel (I used the fish lips kiss heel) and she asked for a ribbed leg so that's what I'm doing, and life lines are my friend lol think these look really happy and hope she likes them, and they fit when I'm finished.
While in Scotland my mum chose two yarns for octopus toys coz she's been asking me to make her some for a while lol
The first is bright multi coloured with brown safety eyes.
The second is shades of blue and green with green cat style safety eyes.
I also bought some of the same yarn in different colours, they're robin brand super chunky acrylic, I also got some cute pumpkin and wooden buttons :)
My 2mm bamboo hiya hiya needles (for the socks) are slowly bending...be interesting to see how bent they are by the time I'm finished coz they've bent more since this picture lol think I should invest in some metal ones lol
And extra excitement, my Dr Who kit from MistyDot was behind my door when I got home...a lovely TARDIS bag with a carabiner and strap.
...some super Dr Who themed stitch markers, and the bag has a TARDIS zipper pull :)
As well as some TARDISy blue sock weight yarn...all very yum :)
She also gave me an Erin Lane pattern roll as a gift to say thanks for paying international shipping, she got it from SAFF in America.
On holiday I also knit on the gothic lace cowl for a gift, and I finished it today, along with odd buttons, which I like quite a bit, hope the recipient does lol 
I'm also tempted to do the Stephen West KAL (making a shawl) coz the dancing geeks looked really nice and I love the shaping, and colour blocks...I'm too behind to keep up but it looks a nice pattern so far, I guess I could wait till it's finished and buy the pattern. In fact that would make more sense as I've not yet finished my mums shawl...or started the owl birthday hat (but only coz I still don't have her head measurements!).
In other news, my friend is coming to visit me tonight so I'm all excited and hoping my son settles for my mum so I can sleep past 5am and not worry about him waking us in the night :) happy times!
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment