Thursday 23 July 2015

Spinning galmore lol

Lots and lots of spinning again lol
This is a sample from fondant fibre of her harlequin in the bone colourway, it was spun and plied on my drop spindles (2ply) 33g/25.14m
Fondant fibre sw BFL 2ply 90g/86.9m on my kiwi 2 in the la la lupin colourway.
This was 2 different fondant fibre sample, I don't know the name of the purple but the orange is her new 70's wallpaper colourway, it came out at 19g/17.8m of a ply. I think this looks really cool and kind of hallowe'eny and have planned to do a full 200g like this :)
This is my new mega lovelies from fondant fibre to have fun with including 100g each of 70's wallpaper and Jack and Sally (a purple colourway) to try doing similar to the above mini skein. 
Owl about yarn sw BFL in the Djelibeybi colourway, these are the singles and are really vibrant.
Wound on my new PVC niddy noddy. Which actually only turned out slightly cheaper than the wooden one I'd seen lol the wooden 2m one from adelaide walker was nearly £21 inc p+p and this was £16.70 
My finished skein with a sneaky bit of purple from the leader I used on one single (also sw BFL but from fondant fibre la la lupin), I got 106.9m from 103g of a 2ply.  
This was my terrible attempt at trying to hand dye some corriedale fibre with food colouring. 
Singles, spun on my kiwi 2 and looking fairly fine...
My somewhat messy skein but I'm proud of myself, this is 93g/114.3m of a 2ply :)
My first countess ablaze fibre (top left) nightmare and (bottom left) gothika, and a skein of hymn for my soul on her Lady Persephone sock base. 
This is not my spinning, I spun the green and plied it but my niece spun the silver on my wheel, and she did a little on my spindle too. She did really good, needed help but that's understandable and I was really impressed with her, she got about 12 yards but not sure what it weighed.
I've been loving my wheel and look forward to getting better and better :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment