Sunday 12 July 2015

Spinning update

I pre drafted and started spinning my Kent Romney in the kingfisher colourway.
I soon realised that my plan of 5 nests on the spindle twice and making a two ply wasn't going to work as there wasn't enough room on the spindle. So I changed my plan, I would spin 2.5 nests, twice then ply them and repeat.
The first 2 singles about 25g each ready to ply. 
Kent Romney 2ply, 50g about 29.26m It's rather thick and thin and inconsistent but I'm quite happy with this, just wish the yardage was a little more.
I started spinning some rolags samples I got with one of my orders, I got 3 rolags so I split it to be 1.5 each single. 
Again I pre drafted the rolags to help make the spinning easier. 
Two singles ready to ply. 
2ply 15.5g about 19.2m and there was a bit left on one roll so need to figure out if I can ply it another way or not.
I bought some new fibre, the tusk and toast punis I'd be lusting after and some fuzzlings, as well as some natural whitefaced woodland.
I finally got the yarn to wrap onto the bobbin of my spinning wheel lol only tried a small sample but I was very pleased with myself lol this is a cheviot sample in I love the rain colourway.
Split the small sample into two, spun singles and tried plying. It got a little tangled but it's gonna take some practice so I'm still happy :) I know it's sad but you have no idea how pleased I am that I finally got the yarn to feed through the orifice and onto the bobbin lol Need to keep practicing now lol
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment