Thursday 2 July 2015

Update: fibre and spinning

This is me...though it did let me remember where my hard drive was at silly o'clock so I can backup some photos and digital patterns in case my rather old laptop dies on me lol
I got my new fibre, and in fact my first fibre from Owl About Yarn.
Top: Polwarth base in Hawaiian Sunset
Bottom: superwash BFL base in Fields of Green
Both are super pretty and are safely in my stash, I'm getting tattooed tomorrow so no spinning for a bit and my first 100g is prepped and ready for when I can :) Order came with a cute owl stitch marker :)
My TinasAngoras new spindle shaft and grommets arrived :) I couldn't get the grommet on the stone so I tried the new shaft and it fits better.
I spun a fondant fibre BFL/silk blend, a little difficult so it's a bit thick and thin but it's pretty :) I got 10.05m from about 8g from the luckenbooth colourway. Then again none of my spinning is very consistent lol
I haven't been able to knit for a day or two as it's been between 24 and 30 degrees C and just could not cope with the yarn in my hands lol far too hot for me lol
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment