Friday 24 July 2015

Update: spinning and typhoon shawl


I got another small fondant fibre sample with an order, this one is sw BFL/nylon in the cheeky cherry cola colourway, spun on my 1oz snowflake obsidian tinas angoras spindle.


Singles...
I tried spinning some mixed Finn and silk on a spindle and struggled so I thought I'd try it on my wheel. I still struggled lol but was a tiny bit thinner lol though it's quite inconsistent and thicker than my previous spin, it just needs plying :) it was quite slippery and broke fairly easily compared to the BFL and corriedale I'd spun previously.
I finally reached the bind off for the typhoon shawl...I tried the bind off suggested and it was far too tight, so I did the stretchy yo bind off instead lol
It needs blocking but no space for it right now lol it looks beautiful though, I'm a little sad to be giving this one up lol especially that stunning purple, the picture does not do it justice :)
The cheeky cherry cola plied, 7g/5.9m of a 2ply
I'm thinking this lovely from countess ablaze mgiht become a blue whale shawl :)
I've plans for school knits for my son too...wish me luck as I've got too many plans compared to knitting time lol stash dash wise I'm into the 4000m and so I should reach my 5000m goal :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment