Saturday 30 April 2016

Odd socks & the cat in the hat ♡

Knitting news!
I finished my second pair of opal minis (from the advent calendar) socks. Pattern is called vanilla is the new black and was a new to me heel, I cast on with 2.25mm but needed to change to 2mm for the heel. I'm not loving the fit, the foot maybe should have had a couple extra rounds, but the heel isn't reinforced by slip stitches n I'm hard on socks. It's unlikely I'd make myself a second pair but I may try them for someone else. I do love how they look though :)
I've also done a couple of repeats on my hitchhiker and am working on square 5 (of 6) of the ten stitch blanket for my son.
Spinning news!
Still nothing, I'm a spinning fail :(
Goodies!
My second surprise sock box arrived from the yarn tree & it's awesome, I'm looking forward to knitting with it. The theme was the cat in the hat and it contained:
100g sw merino/nylon sock yarn
Stitch markers and hat progress keeper
Drawstring project bag
Love heart sweets
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment