Friday 8 April 2016

Update: All the socks

Knitting news!
I finally cast off my mother's day socks :) I seriously love this yarn colour, it was in my mother's day box (flowers for mum colourway) by the yarn tree and I did a modified bootstrap sock (pattern from sock architecture). I made a bit of a mistake but I did it on both so the at least match in their wrongness lol (the cuffs are on 2.25mm and so are a tad loose at the top of the leg).
I cast off square 4 of 6 for my sons blanket. I'm using the ten stitch blanket pattern from ravelry and cascade 220 quatro. I've also cast on square 5 but it's going slowly for reasons you'll soon see :)
Sock time lol
I also cast on and off a pair of devil's snare socks in fondant fibre hardy high twist (swim with dolphins colourway). I really enjoyed knitting these, the lace was a little tough on my finger tip but it was a really enjoyable pattern, and I read a chart so I'm extra pleased with myself :) These can also be posted in the inside number 23 and the knitting broomstick Harry Potter kals on ravelry.
I also cast on with some west Yorkshire spinners signature 4ply for the first time (it's a little splitier than I'd anticipated but it knits up nicely), I'm knitting the Hermiones everyday socks pattern (also a new to me pattern). The pattern is difficult to see in the patterned yarn but I actually really like it as I've carried on. I'm now on sock 2. These will also be eligible for the above mentioned kals, not only as they are a Harry Potter character inspired pattern but they are also in the owl colourway (with poppy seed heels, toes and cuffs).
Spinning news!
I attempted to do some spinning, with difficulty lol I bought some gorgeous new bobbins from akerworks and I'm finding it difficult to get tension right. Of course it could also be that I haven't span on my wheel since before xmas. Needles to say I got frustrated with under and over spun yarn that kept breaking. I'll try again after the school holidays but it was a set back I had not anticipated.
Goodies!
I've a few on the way but no new ones with me yet. I have, of course more the yarn tree themed boxes on the way (spring is next from her four seasons collection), but I've also found a new to me dyer, Norah George on etsy, with some Harry Potter colourways I fell in love with so thought I'd give her a try :)
I've also a couple of knitting books ordered, geek knits, and coffee with CC to name but a couple.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment