Saturday 24 October 2015

FO, WIP and spinning update

Knitting news! 
I finished my #JKdesignerbootcamp design, not sure if it's gradeable for multiple sizes but I've bought sock patterns before with only one stitch count so if I can't at least I know I could release it as one size (needle size effecting it a little).
Drafted the pattern in a notebook and knitted up the fastest I've ever knit socks at just 8 days lol picked out a name but waiting to upload to ravelry till Joeli periscopes about it. Knit using knit global in the marine colourway on 2.25mm addi circulars.
I cast on some new vanilla latte socks for myself, I'm trying with 72sts instead of 64sts as the last ones I knit with countess ablaze I used 2mm and they're a little tight to get on, so I'm trying the bigger size and hoping they aren't too big, wish me luck :) This was the pins and needles colourway on her Lady Persephone base (BFL/nylon) and I got it from a destash, colours are so nice but sadly don't look true to colour on camera, bad colour representation sorry. I find it a little frustrating sometimes that different sock yarns are different thicknesses lol this base (and I suspect the yarn tree sparkle base I want to cast on next) I need to use 2mm needles but the knit global (above) & opal I can use 2.25mm, I wish I was a tighter knitter, I could use bigger needles lol
I've hardly touched my mums helical hat, it's a tighter gauge than mine was and I didn't go up a needle size so I'm now just doing a couple rounds at a time and putting it back down, and I haven't touched the ten stitch blanket in a week or so and don't even mention the gooseberry pie 2.0 lol it only needs a few rounds of ribbing and casting off lol I've even weaved in all the ends lol (I've even kitchenered under the arms and weaved in those ends too) knitting fail!
I did cast on a project with the zwartbles hand spun but it was just too coarse to be wearable so I ripped it out and will need to think of something else to make with it.
I also cast off another secret project, not a test knit this time but for a swap and I don't know if the recipient reads so I'm not including a photo, but nice project and lovely yarn (sw BFL from felt fusion).
Spinning news!
I spun the second half of the superfine Shetland singles, I haven't plied it yet as my son has now finished school for a week and just 2 days before that I got my first car so I was trying to get used to it so didn't do all I'd have liked...missed zumba too :( but my apologies I digress...this is from fondant fibre and is the sherbert dip colourway :)
Before I bought my car and paid out the shocking cost of insurance and road tax; I ordered a little yarn and fibre from Deb (fondant fibre)...I'm so wishing I'd bought more than just 100g of this beauty, possibly the most stunning orange fibre I've ever seen (including Debs 70's wallpaper and James and the giant orange colourways). This is her spangle fibre base (merino/nylon/sprakle) in the pumpkin pie colourway and I just want loads of it, 100g is too precious for me to want to spin, then it won't be all beautiful for me to look at lol what if I ruin this stunning fibre with my mediocre spinning skills lol
In other news!
I've mentioned the car lol I feel far too adult now lol buying a car is very adult, still not fully used to it but only had it a couple days.
I was a fail and didn't go to zumba so I could drive around and do some bits before my son finished school (he finished a day before the other schools in the area). I'll miss it while he's off too so I feel extra bad for missing it :(
My poor boy is getting a cold, he seemed fine yesterday but has woken up all snuffly and snotty, good thing our photo shoot got cancelled due to bad weather. Will try again while he's off if he's up to it, don't want to be adventuring out in the mud and cold if he isn't feeling well...fingers crossed he's better soon.
And finally, why is it that once you know you have to be a little more careful with money that you want to buy all the things lol or is that just me..? I really want to try the odd sox from Sara's texture crafts and fondant fibre has some seriously stunning colours and new bases in stock ,also the new WYS Christmas colourways are taunting me everywhere lol loads are selling or buying them and showing them off on instagram, including Deb lol
Restraint is not my strongest skill lol
And on that note I'm off to do a little knitting.
Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment