Monday 8 December 2014

Gidday & a little bit of spinning

We went on a santa special at the weekend, beautiful steam train, my son loved it...we had a crazy hail storm and it was rather cold...needless to say we wore our knitwear lol
After we got home I finished the gidday cardigan for baby Debbie (1 month old from the Tesco xmas tree). It's very cute, pink and white with pink fish eye buttons.
Today I tried to make a sock yarn double ball (Joeli's tutorial) for the doubletime KAL that Joeli's Kitchen is running (I'm rather behind) but I ended up with a big tangled mess and after only 20 something grams giving up and winding two separate balls...which one is bigger than the other and I lost 3.7g to yarn vomit that was all knotted and tangled...sad face! Yarn is moon and sixpence merino/nylon by fondant fibre.
Still hoping to make something when I can get the patterns printed. My printer decided to break after I put about £35 of ink in it...bought a new one today and it says error...called for support and it's faulty, need to return it to store and try another, if that one doesn't work I can try get a refund...it's all been very frustrating, especially this time of year when I have lots to make and I don't like working from digital patterns...please let the next one work...the gods cannot be that cruel on me right now...
Sorry tangent!
In other news I finally did a teeny tiny bit of spinning...11.2g of fondant fibre merino/nylon blend in the wild wild west colourway, I got about 8.2m/9 yards (I didn't check WPI), it was nice to spin and has gone in my box of hand spun samples which will one day make a very random cowl or something, with different fibres and colours :)
I haven't span in ages but wasn't ready to commit to the (approx) 50g I still haven't spun of the berry smoothie norboo that I started months ago...my mojo is missing!
I've cast on a milo for baby Andrew (6 month old from the Tesco xmas tree) and hoping I can get it finished to go with his (full of mistakes) ziggy beanie.
I've wrapped my mums presents for her birthday tomorrow, and they're not even in xmas paper lol I'm a bit rubbish with wrapping lol she had her main gift a few months ago so just a few bits and bobs till xmas :)
And now I'm off to relax, and not fall asleep...my son is mischievous and with a very worn out mummy he may try wreck my house so I must stay alert...or as alert as a sleep deprived mum can be lol
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment