Saturday 20 December 2014

woop woop...socks!

YAY! I finished my mums socks, and in time for christmas, and with days of not knitting coz I was too ill...very happy, not about being ill but for finishing of course :)
Opal sock yarn on 2mm hiya hiya needles with a fish lips kiss heel.
I basically made them up other than the cast on and heel that I had to remind myself how to do (cast on was Judy's magic cast on), I basically did a modified stretchy yarn over cast off and applied it to ribbing rather than just knit stitches, it might be a real cast off but it worked so it's ok regardless lol
Also finished the day before my birthday so can finally cast on a pair for myself, if I can choose from all my lovely sock yarn lol

And looking back on last years challenges from post on 31st December 2013 New Years Challenges:
1 - learn to knit two at a time socks (preferably two at a time toe up socks but think I better learn two at a time top down before I jump the gun lol) DONE!
A - make an item of baby clothing for my cousins current bump lol DONE!
B - make a vest for my friend (if she wants one lol) NOT DONE BUT BOUGHT THE YARN AND PATTERN!
C - make myself hand warmers DONE!
D - make myself a pair of socks NOT DONE BUT BOUGHT LOTS OF YARN!
E - make myself a shawl DONE!

Not too bad for the year, I still made a lot just not all I thought I would, my friend is getting the two at a time toe up socks (I didn't learn two at a time cuff down socks lol).
I'll have to think up more things to do for the coming year over the holidays.
Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment