Friday 5 December 2014

Secret Santa Awesomeness!

I'll start right away by saying, I want to knit all the things lol and also, yes I know I have a buying problem lol it's called lack of storage and I'm too slow at knitting lol
From Nicole C. Mendez on etsy:
100g BFL aran in stunning dark, autumny colours, colour called: orientalischer traum
top left: #114
top right: #111
middle: #112
bottom left: #113
bottom right: #118  
yarn is: Ringel sockenwoole (stripy), 400m/100g 75% woole sw 25% polyamid
I'm also making gifts for some children on the Tesco christmas tree, this hat is for 6month old Andrew, hoping to make either a toy or a milo vest as well if I have time. I also chose a baby girl called Debbie who is 1 month old, I'm making her a gidday cardigan, I'm about half way through the body.
This hat is called the ziggy beanie by tikki knits, it's a great hat but I have made a lot of mistakes, new stitches to me and getting confused on how to do them without a cable needle lol I'm hoping I've learned enough from this one to get it right on my second attempt lol
My fondant fibre secret santa (a swap in the forums) has arrived, and all my gifts were individually wrapped too (I feel like such a slacker, I didn't do that). I even got a little hallowe'en gift as that's my favourite holiday lol
Inside I got a lot of awesome goodies :) my swap partner (anniearch) was quite the detective!
From left to right-
top row: a card with knit print on it, some fibre testers (which are crazy soft), and a hand knit hat :)
middle: beeswax candle (for hallowe'en, bless her how thoughtful), sweets (might I add the cola and lemon are especially delicious), and some sock yarn (that is totally new to me and I love the colous)
bottom: fibre sample that has been braided, luxury dark mint chocolate, and a full fibre braid
As you can see she has got me sussed, everything is awesome and I'm so in awe of how much she put into it...I am amazed! A huge thank you to anniearch on ravelry :)
I don't have pictures of the other things I'm working on, but it's not much really, I'm hoping to make a second thing for baby Andrew and finish baby Debbies cardigan in the next week (fingers crossed), I'd like to get past my mums heel and finish her socks for xmas (pretty sure I'm gonna miss her birthday lol) and I'd like to make some xmas ornaments for some special people :) 
Hope you're festive preparations are going well...
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment