Monday 2 March 2015

mini cowl and markers

I've made my son a multi coloured cowl :) super chunky yarn on 6.5mm needles, it was speedy :) I've entered it into a couple of KALs over on ravelry. He's only ever had scarves so he's not sure at the minute but hopefully it will grow on him, less likely to be lost than a scarf :)
I've made a progress (clasp) marker and a couple of stitch markers with some new charms. The clasp marker could also be used as a zipper pull :) Still a couple new charms to try, might make some ear rings or something...or just more markers :)
My hands been hurting so progress on the socks is slow as just one round hurts, hopefully my hand will be up to them again soon as only abut 1/2 an inch till starting the heel.

New KAL alert:
  • Spring into socks KAL with the Bakery Bears and Knicksknits podcasts
  • Sheepy Spring KAL with the Geeky Girls Knit podcast
  • Heat Your Neck KAL with the Foxes in Socks podcast
  • My Favorite Things KAL with A Homespun House podcast
(Look at each groups discussion threads on ravelry for rules and hashtags for instagram posts.)

My yarn diet kinda died...I was just signing up for club shipments but then got some sock yarn on sale, included nice colours for myself and gift socks too :)
Plus side, I managed to claim a spot in the Shiny Club with Penguin Soup...very excited for those parcels (April, May, June) as getting three different bases and firefly themed colourways (including Jaynes hat) and a project bag and stitch markers too :)
Had a crappy day so just had a kopparberg, gonna chill a bit n watch the Brothers Grimm before bed...Revenge can wait till tomorrow or Wednesday...
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment