Thursday 5 March 2015

Stash Enhancment and Charity Squares

I made a charity square, I crocheted a granny square, then picked up and knit around the edges and did a crocheted edging...it's a bit of a mess but hopefully it'll look ok once it's in the middle of a big blanket.
I got a new (and my first of this type) pyramid project bag from laal bears final sale before closing her etsy shop. I loved this print and it's sparkly too so I'm happy with it, was tempted by a ladybird bag too but semi restrained myself lol
Needless to say my yarn diet has been broken lol but 45% off was just too good an opportunity to say no to...and I managed to be a bad influence on a few others who bought stuff too...at least we all have super pretty yarn and project bags lol
Top image is DK BFL/masham in the coneflower colourway, it was intended for my son but I think it may be slightly irritating for him as if it's even slightly not soft he just pulls it off. Could be a nice gift knit.
Bottom image is aran BFL in the rosa colourway, and it is super soft so may use a skein for my son (he likes pink).
Got some plain WYS sock yarn which can either be contrasting socks (the lime and yellow look really good together) or used for heels and toes of other variegated WYS yarn I have in my stash, but the solids don't match any colours in them balls at all (probably do contrasting but not 100% yet).
And as if that wasn't enough Cara of the 'knit all the tings' podcast mentioned a sale at maple tree yarns and showed some lovely sock yarn, so naturally I bought some lol coz two full 35L boxes wasn't enough lol I now have two overflowing 35L boxes of sock yarn with nylon (and one without nylon).
Yarn is knitglobal 75% sw wool 25% nylon and I got 4 variegated skeins and 2 solid colours for either contrasting socks or heels/toes etc. They look nice and feel like they'll make good socks.
Top left - ocean / Top righ - harvest / Middle left - cranberries / Middle right - mountain / Bottom left - plum / Bottom right - marine
I wound some babylonglegs sw merino sock into a cake ready to knit, I asked for opinions on instagram between the hitchhiker or trillian shalws, and the trillian won, which I'm happy with coz I have a hitchhiker but the trillian I knit last year was a gift knit :)
I also wound a skein of the plum and marine knitglobal for soon to be socks :)
Day 1 of the trillian, cast on at home then knit on the bus (before it made me feel nauseous), in a cafe, the dentist waiting room, craft group (at an art gallery) and home again...so it's traveled out of town already lol Hoping it will swap between the colours pooling and being spread out a little to make for an interesting shawl.
I got tagged on instagram for #widn (what I'm doing now) and I was watching the great comic relief bake off and crocheting a granny square for charity.
The finished square, the shade of purple is hard to get on camera but it's somewhere between the two images in person. I'm finding crocheting very difficult on my elbow, I don't do it much these days as I mostly knit, but nice to give it a try again :)
So far today I haven't managed any knitting as been running round before my driving lesson (which I'm still nervous for but giving manual a trial period so at least I've given it more than a week before I make my final decision, as I really do prefer automatic), then met mum, popped to my grandmas and home in time for my son finishing school. Hoping to get a little knitting done this pre-evening (as Sheldon would say lol) but see how things go...always lots to do...
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment